Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Valkyrie

Hellhound

Default Valkyrie

Notice: Giant overhaul from original stats. Comment and review please.

Name: Valkyrie

Stats:

Health: Low-Moderate
    Attack: Moderate-High
    Defense: Moderate
    Armor: High
    Accuracy: High
    Speed: Moderate
    Dexterity: Moderate-High
    Intelligence: Moderate
    Wage: High

Skills:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 6: Protect Self
    Level 8: Lightning
    Level 10: Purify (Finisher-type of move, single target. Graphic identical to DK I's Keeper Lightning Spell.)

Special: Redeem (Redeems a fallen ally in battle, giving their spirit a chance to carry out his vengeance on the one who has slain him. The spirit has a timer, once it runs out they return back to the realm of souls. Redeeming an ally takes a few seconds, and it has a cooldown.)

Information:
    Valkyries are holy warriors of the Light that redeem fallen warriors in battle. They are excellent warriors, but very limited in number.

Purpose:
    Valkyries are excellent front line fighters and can redeem fallen warriors, but are rare.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    Valkyries are warriors, and as such they spend their time training. When they are idle, they may go to the temple and pray. If she is angered, she will head to the most-filled graveyard possible and redeem all the fallen souls there and lead a rebellion. Note that this redeeming at the graveyard is instant for all the corpses that are present.

Jobs:
    Train
    Pray
    Research (if forced)
    Manufacture (Dislikes, but has the ability)

Behavior in OverWorld:
    Valkyries can be seen mostly on abandoned battlefields where the slain are left to rot. If she is not redeeming souls in the battlefields, they tend to be located around snowy climates as well as mountains.

Obtainable By:
    Hero side only, conversion.

Style:
    Blocker/Blitzer. Their high armor and redeem ability makes them good choices for holding up chokepoints, and her lightning skills are good for offensive measures.

Hang Out Group:
    Tends to go for other Valkyries and hero unis, sometimes may get along with creatures.

Hates:
    Dark Mistress (Warriors should die on the battlefield honorable, not a gruesome death.)
    Prison (Warriors should not be locked up and die from starvation.)
    Torture Chamber (Death on the battlefield, not on torture.)

Loves:
    Fellow Valkyries
    Temples

Lair: A holy circle, she steps into it and rests in a blanket of light (while standing)

Appearance: " She wielded a spear and shield and wore an outfit that had functional and aesthetic armor, metal and cloth working in unison to complete her figure. Long, flowing blonde hair as well as a face that will calm any soul, which turns into righteous fury when provoked." (The hair color can be red or orange if desired, as there are too many Blonde female heroes already...)

How Introduced:
    She appears later in the game after there has been a good amount of levels completed. If converted, the Mentor will recall an old Valkyrie legend.

Attracted by:
    None.

Pictures:
    Here we are, a more armored version of a Valykrie (Techically, in the game she was a Soldier -> Halberdier -> Sentinel, but it serves our purposes here.)

A hand-drawn version done by a friend of mine. Hopefully this shall work well too. (Sorry for the blurred image, the erase marks and other such factors were also imported from the scanner.)

Hapuga's picture, which is on the first page, works well for the updated version of the Valkyrie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy Suggestion List
    Note that the below is for the older version. The older version has been scrapped, and I have made no backup for it.
    -Add higher armor while maintaining higher dexterity. -Patrician (Changed Armor Value)
    -Needs more to differentiate itself from the Dark Mistress. -Patrician (Did a major overhaul.)
    -Valkyries should be more armored instead of being clad in robes. -Hapuga (Removed robe pictures and increased a few stats.)
    -Valkyries could fight on horseback in Overworld -MeinCookie (Will not be used, already used for another idea)
    These are for the current (updated) version.
    -Valkyries require lower stats. -Mothrayas (Used his stats version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy Supporter List
    -Sire (Go me!)
    -Evi
    -MeinCookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy Nonsupporter List
    -None at the moment...
    Last edited by Sire; August 21st, 2010 at 02:45.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default Re: Valkyire

Seems like a good addition to the Hero Side, maybe a few tweaks here and there and it would be perfect.

Sadly, I lack the skills of noticing such things.

Here is my two cents, perhaps you can increase Intelligence to high?

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Valkyrie, nice... it makes a far better goodly mistress than the fairy at any rate.

The valkyrie could be a good flanker for the heroes, but I feel more needs to be done to differentiate them fom dark mistresses - not saying get rid of lightning, I like the idea of them carving up goblins with it, seems to suit the mythological image of valkyries (who descend from the sky on horseback). Maybe give them higher armour, whilst maintaining high dexterity - would make them quite formidable opponents.

Also, swedish blonde hair is a must!

When I have Valkyrie in mind, I imagine a heavily-plated woman with some serious weapon, not a slim girl in some robe. Valkyrie is very masculine.

She is not a flanker at any rate. She is a blocker. Maybe a blitzer, but surely not a flanker.

Her very name is translated as "chooser of the slain", thats definitely no flanker name =D
    Last edited by Hapuga; December 21st, 2009 at 12:17.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I like it. A good adition to the hero side it fits. I thought that the samurai was the hero equivalent of the mistress?

Hellhound

Suggestion list added below pictures to keep track of all suggestions / edits to the Valkyrire. I shall update the creature when a decent amount of posters here agree on it.

I think the Samurai was the Dark Mistress counterpart in DK 1. They were removed from DK 2.

Keep those ideas coming!

Default Re: Valkyrie

I'm not really very good at stats and all that, but I think it sounds cool.

One thing you got the "r" "i" in the title the wrong way round.
    Last edited by A New Room; December 21st, 2009 at 20:27.
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Hellhound

Thanks for that, fixed.
    Also spell checked the entire post, should be free of spelling errors now.

Maybe adding more armor is a good idea to break away from being a Dark Mistress goodly copy. From the game that I got my inspiration *cough, ripped off of*, she did wear breastplate armor, wielded a spear and small shield, and wore a headband with two wings coming out of it. However, she did mostly wear robes.

Problem is, graphicly, the Dark Mistress has more armor than the Valkyries that I have posted.

Edit: Requesting the prefix changed to Hero instead of Creature. Thank you.
    Last edited by Sire; December 21st, 2009 at 21:02. Reason: Added request

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

You could them on horseback for overground game-play, they would pwn
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9